Friday 25 January 2008

Tesco Finest Handcooked Cheddar & Onion Crisps


I do enjoy a good packet of crisps now and again; when younger, my favourite crisps were Tayto Cheese & Onion and I still consider them to rank amongst the best.

More recently I've been buying Tesco's Finest Hand-cooked crisps, the mature cheddar & caramelized onion variety and, if you like a good, strong flavour these are top-rate.

I particularly noticed that the spuds come from the British Isles and there's a picture on the packet of a castle which may, or may not, be that of Tandragee Castle. A "converted 17th century castle in the rolling hills of County Armagh" is mentioned.

I believe that these exceedingly good crisps are made for Tesco by Tayto. Never let it be said that Timothy Belmont doesn't do his bit for the Northern Ireland economy!

No comments :