Tuesday 3 June 2008

Demise Of The Paper Boys & Girls


We have never got newspapers delivered. My father always bought the newspaper from his newsagent on the way home from work. I don't even bother buying them now; I bought my first newspaper in years, the Daily Telegraph, a week ago when I was at Portballintrae. I invariably read the Sunday Times online these days.

I was somewhat surprised a few months ago, when a free newspaper, the Belfast News, was delivered to our door; mainly because we seldom get free papers delivered. The publishers seemed to be experiencing difficulty in recruiting paper-boys to do the rounds in our area.

So the Belfast News is now being pushed through our letter-box weekly, which is certainly better than nothing.

If it's still being delivered this winter I can use it for lighting the occasional log fire!

No comments :