Wednesday 12 November 2008

Unable To Sleep Sir?

Chatting to an old friend on the phone the other day, he told me that he took three Nytol tablets during a long-haul flight; and that they proved effective. I was impressed and resolved to try them myself.

I'm a fairly light sleeper. I have periods when I can get off to sleep OK; and, at other times, I find it difficult. So I ambled in to Boots the Chemist's yesterday and purchased a packet of Nytol One-A-Night tablets (£4.99 for 16).

I took one last night and, to my surprise - hey presto! - it worked. It knocked me out till about seven this morning.

We revisited Ross's auction-house, yet again, this morning. I'm looking at a smallish, wooden television cabinet. The store-man told me that it was sold; however, aware of my continued interest, he explained that it had been sold to a dealer; and that it had been lying there for weeks. He advised me that the dealer might well sell me it for a tenner or so; and to return to them on Friday.

I'll be in Town again on Friday, because I require three gold rings to be resized - made larger - and I am obtaining estimates from my original goldsmith, Bill Steenson, and others.

2 comments :

John Self said...

We got our engagement and wedding rings at Steenson's. Not cheap, but easily the best among all the rings we viewed.

Timothy Belmont said...

I took my Number Two to Vine's at Holywood Road. Mr Vine, if that is his name, said that my ring - 22ct gold, very heavy - was "bizarre" and he couldn't re-size it himself!
It may cost around £25 to resize each ring - I'll use that figure as a yardstick and I'll be in Town tomorrow.