Friday 27 November 2009

No Memory

Amazon, to their credit, have sent me an email informing that they will refund me the full amount for the Flip camcorder, plus postage costs. This service is more than fair; very good indeed, in my book. There was, after all, nothing wrong with the camcorder, except the fact that it took an inordinate amount of time - 100 minutes - to upload a 6-minute video.

This problem, I suspect, now lies with my five year-old computer, which may not have high-speed USB ports. Perhaps I need to be considering a state-of-the-art desk-top computer instead! That all-on-one Dell Studio One 19 looks handy...

In a final, last-ditch attempt to get my Kodak C310 camera to accept a memory card, I have bought a Kodak 258mb memory card on Ebay for £3.99. If that doesn't work, nothing will. I already have a useless collection of SD memory cards: one 1gb and one 512mb.

5 comments :

John Ferris said...

Tim, I think I mentioned when you first posted about the Flip camcorder that all those cheapish (and even the moderately priced ones) are pretty dreadful in terms of speed and everything else. We are going to try out an iPod Nano for video... will let you know how we get on, but the 100 minutes could well be because of your dodgy old computer. In saying that I converted a 1 1/2 hour DVD of the Aisling Awards for editing in iMovie this week and it took the guts of a day to convert.

PeterC said...

A 258MB memory card? Sounds like a £9 note! Presumably it is 256MB. There are 2 sorts of SD card - SD and SDHC. Only the former will work with older equipment.

Anonymous said...

Hi John,
You were right of course; and the older pc doesn't help matters either! I'll keep an eye for your reviews.

Hi Peter,
Sorry, I meant 256mb!

What are your thoughts about the dell desktop I mentioned?

Tim

Stephen said...

http://skinflint.co.uk/a463146.html

I just treated myself to one of these bad boys, if you are interested in a high-end laptop. The Dell looks nice too.

Stephen

Timothy Belmont said...

Sounds impressive, Stephen.