Monday 2 November 2009

Sorry, Greenfinches

When I returned from my two-week vacation, I noticed that the bird-feeder containing sunflower hearts was still full and untouched. Most curious; nevertheless, I replenished the other feeders.

One week later, the same feeder was still full. This I could not fathom. Why wouldn't they eat the seeds?

Fool, Belmont. I scrutinized the feeder and, to my surprise, saw immediately what I had done: I had filled the nyger seed feeder with the bigger sunflower hearts, which meant that it was practically impossible for the birds to remove them! I had filled the nyger feeder with the wrong seeds.

Still, all's well that ends well. The sunflower seeds are particularly favoured by tits and greenfinches; so hopefully the news shall spread about my silly little error!

No comments :