Monday 17 October 2011

Fuerteventura: V

This is the first overcast day I've had since I arrived. At last I've found a cafe - the Avelino - which has a strong Internet connection.

Alas there is no indication as to the whereabouts of my old mobile phone. I have contacted the airline and two other companies; I might as well contact the airport, too. The only consolation is that I am not reliant on it - even in the UK - and it is an older-style phone, pay-as-you-go, with about £16 worth of credit. The SIM card would have been of use to me, though, with my contact names and numbers.

Yesterday I spent at El Cotillo beach. Torino has sold his beach bar and it continues under new owners, called La Concha. I've already made pals with Linda and Jemma, two staff.

Last night I discovered a pleasant little Tapas bar-cafe called the Kactus Cafe. It is located on Iglesia Street. I had a prawn and avocado salad, bread and alioli; and the requisite Tanqueray and tonic-water!

No comments :