Wednesday 27 June 2012

HM at Titanic Quarter

I rode into town this morning on the trusty two-wheeler. I usually go via Belfast's Titanic Quarter.

Cognizant that Her Majesty and Prince Philip were expected to visit the Titanic Belfast building, I made a bee-line for that place.

THIS POLICEMAN FAVOURS A CERTAIN BRAND OF STOUT!

At 10am there were surprisingly few by-standers at the old Harland & Wolff head office. However, I installed myself on the footpath.

I enjoyed a good and amicable chat with two most agreeable ladies, who had travelled up from Dublin, especially to see the royal visit, for the day. They informed me that they had taken the train and would depart this evening, back to Dublin.

The royal party - there must have been about half a dozen range-rovers - arrived at about eleven forty-five, having been to a reception at the Lyric Theatre.


The Lord-Lieutenant of Belfast, Dame Mary Peters DBE, arrived well in advance, wearing a yellow outfit and a blue hat (I think). She can just be seen in the distance.


Despite being ten yards or less from the royal car, I only managed to obtain a fleeting snap of Prince Philip, whose waving hand can be seen.

3 comments :

Lionel Hoxton-Grant said...

splendid first-hand account, of particular value to old fellows like myself who envy your carefree cycling o'er hill and dale !

madpierre said...

Forget that job as Royal Photographer mate !!!!!!!!! lol

Timothy Belmont said...

Any chance of a smart-cam for the old birthday?