Saturday 25 April 2015

Soul Barcafé

I was looking forward to a table at the bijou Soul Barcafé, Music Square, Corralejo, this evening. I fancied one of their 50 brands of gin.

Accordingly, I arrived after eight and a pretty young woman welcomed me with a menu and seat directly in view of the platform where a couple of singers were entertaining everybody.

I fancied a Tanqueray Ten, with the Nordic Blue tonic-water.

Cognizant that they are in the habit of bringing the G&T fully poured, without the option ~ personally I prefer to pour my own amount of tonic into the gin ~ I expressly told the waitress that I'd pour it myself.

She didn't seem to understand, though left me.

She returned a few minutes later with the usual drink and 100% of the tonic poured in.

I pointed this out. She left again. The barman appeared and apologised that the waitress had not understood (!).

My order duly arrived, though  the barman had given my original drink to the couple behind me, free!

I overheard this, turned round, laughed, and remarked that they'd got a good deal.

The sting in the tail was the length of time it took for them to bring me the bill.

I got the impression that my complaint, if that was what it was, caused resentment.

Resentment, despite the fact that they were clearly at fault.

I eventually had to ask for my change.

I had intended to leave a tip despite everything, though lifted the coins and put them back in my pocket.

I may or may not be back.

No comments :